There will be no Face-to-Face Classes (Walang Pasok) in the following cities, municipalities and schools on November 20, 21 and 22, 2023 due to planned transportation strike of a group of PUV drivers and operators, Pagkakaisa ng mga Samahan ng Tsuper at Operator Nationwide (PISTON). For its part, the Department of Education (DepEd) issued a statement this Saturday that it will not suspend classes in relation to transport strike – leaving the decision to the discretion of LGUs and private school administrators. Furthermore, some local government units in Mindanao also declared class suspension. This declaration is the aftermath of the 6.8 magnitude earthquake in Sarangani Province.
Also Interested in: DepEd announces the introduction of Grade 13 in Senior High School?
Class Suspension for November 20-22, 2023
Here is the list of No Classes (Walang Pasok) and Shifting of Classes to Online Mode on November 20, 21 and 23, 2023 due to transportation strike and other declaration.
Walang Pasok (No Classes for All Levels)
- Camalig, Albay
- Hinoba-an, Negros Occidental – Founding anniversary special non-working holiday
- General Santos City – All levels, public and private, from November 18 to 21; work suspension in government of General Santos on November 20
- Davao Occidental – Province-wide suspension of classes, all levels, and work suspension in schools from November 20–21
Shift to Online Classes
- Cabuyao, Laguna
- Calamba, Laguna
- Adamson University
- Arellano University
- Ateneo de Manila University – until November 23
- De La Salle University-Manila – until November 22
- Far Eastern University
- Mapua University
- Miriam College – until November 21
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila – until November 22
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Marikina – until November 22
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines – until November 22
- University of the East – until November 21
- University of the Philippines Diliman – until November 22
- University of the Philippines Los Banos
- University of Santo Tomas
- Camarines Sur – November 21-23, 2023 due to bad weather conditions, Secondary and Tertiary levels will implement Blended Learning
Note: Updated last November 21, 2023 (10:30 AM). Please bookmarked and revisited this page for more updates.