DepEd Order 18 s 2021 – Alapan 1 Elementary School
DepEd Order 18 s 2021 INTERIM GUIDELINES ON GIVING OF AWARDS AND RECOGNITION IN LIGHT OF THE BASIC EDUCATION LEARNING CONTINUITY PLAN FOR THE SCHOOL YEAR 2020-2021
Minister, Basic, Higher, and Technical Education, BARMM
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd) issued the DepEd Order (DO) No. 012, s. 2020 titled Adoption of the Basic Education Leaming Continuity Plan (BE-LCP) for School Year (SY) 2020-2021 in Light of the COVID-19 Pandemic, to ensure that teaching and learning continues while securing the health, safety, and well-being of learners, teachers, and other personnel who are involved in the delivery of basic education services.
- To supplement the said DO, this Department, through the Office of the Undersecretary for Curriculum and Instruction, issued DM-CI-2020-162, Suggested Strategies in the Implementation of Distance Learning Delivery Modalities for SY 2020-2021, to provide guidelines to schools on the adoption of different distance learning modalities and their combinations.
- The DM-CI-2020-162 was followed subsequently by the issuance of DO No. 031, s. 2020 titled Interim Guidelines for Assessment and Grading in Light of the Basic Education Leaming Continuity Plan to provide guidance on the assessment of student learning and on the grading scheme to be adopted during SY 2020-2021.
- Given the principles of assessment and the fundamental change in the grading scheme, this policy, Interim Guidelines on Giving of Awards and Recognition in Light of the Basic Education Learning Continuity Plan for SY 2020-2021, shall provide guidance on academic excellence awards. The awards identified in this policy are deemed appropriate given the extraordinary circumstance surrounding distance learning this SY to deserving learners in Grades 6, 10 and 12, while upholding integrity and fairness.
- This policy shall be implemented in all public elementary and secondary schools nationwide for SY 2020-2021. While DO No. 036, s. 2016, Policy Guidelines on Awards and Recognition for the K to 12 Basic Education Program, is still in effect, provisions inconsistent with these new guidelines are suspended for this school year.
- Private schools, technical and vocational institutions, and higher education institutions, including state and local universities and colleges offering the K to 12 Basic Education Program are encouraged to implement these interim policy guidelines according to their philosophy, vision, and mission.
- For more information, please contact the Bureau of Learning Delivery, 4th Floor, Bonifacio Building, Department of Education Central Offrce, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City through email at email@example.com or at telephone numbers (O2l 8637 -4346 and (O2) 8637-4347.
- Immediate dissemination of a.rrd compliance with this Order is directed.
(Source: DO_s2021_018.pdf (deped.gov.ph))