DepEd Update and News – Alapan 1 Elementary School
The Department of Education (abbreviated as DepEd; Filipino: Kagawaran ng Edukasyon) is the executive department of the Philippine government responsible for ensuring access to, promoting equity in, and improving the quality of basic education. It is the main agency tasked to manage and govern the Philippine system of basic education. It is the chief formulator of Philippine education policy and responsible for the Philippine primary and secondary school systems. It has its headquarters at the DepEd Complex in Meralco Avenue, Pasig.
The department is currently led by the secretary of education, nominated by the president of the Philippines, and confirmed by the Commission on Appointments. The secretary is a member of the Cabinet. The current secretary of education is Sara Duterte. Presently, its mission is to provide quality basic education that is equitably accessible to all and lay the foundation for lifelong learning and service for the common good. It has changed its vision statement, removing a phrase that some groups deem to be “too sectarian” for a government institution.
- DepEd, partner agencies to strengthen school opening preparations in OBE 2022 launch
- On the molestation of teachers in Camarines Sur
- DepEd urges parents to enroll their children as enrollment reaches 19.26M
- DepEd conducts Project iLearn Writeshop I to strengthen Media and Information Literacy
- DepEd celebrates 55th founding anniversary of ASEAN
- Supply, Delivery and Installation of Acrylic Shield Barrier (for Office Cubicles)
- AUGUST 10, 2022 DM 063, S. 2022 – 2022 Oplan Balik Eskwela
- Procurement of Office Chairs for PROCMS – PPMD Personnel
- Purchase of Office Supplies for the Education Facilities Division (EFD)
- Procurement of Service Provider for the Mailing Services of DepEd Central Office
- On strengthening Climate Education in K to 12 curriculum
- On the COA report on the procurement of laptops
- DepEd consults children, parents, and communities on actions needed to transform education
- DM-CI-2022-231 CONDUCT OF INVENTORY OF ALTERNATIVE LEARNING SYSTEM COMMUNITY LEARNING CENTERS IN THE SCHOOLS DIVISION OFFICES
- DepEd, YSEALI strengthen climate change education through online teacher training
- 20 JUNE 2022 – DO 28, s. 2022
- 28 JUNE 2021 – DO 27, s. 2021
- 31 October 2018 – DO 45, s. 2018
- 12 December 2017 – DO 63, s. 2017
- AUGUST 1, 2022 DM 062, S. 2022 – 2022 Brigada Eskwela Implementing Guidelines
- DepEd launches Brigada Eskwela 2022, promotes collaboration for education resiliency
- Official Statement
- JULY 31, 2022 DO 036, S. 2022 – Protocols and Guidelines on the Submission, Receipt, and Processing of Requests Related to the School Building Program
Watch: Galaw Pilipinas: Calisthenics Exercise Program
Perhaps the most pressing challenges the school faces are that of ensuring that all learners become competent readers. Learners who experienced problems in reading quickly fall behind their more skilled classmates in their ability to decode and comprehend text. The initiative is in response to the rapidly changing learning environment of present and future learners and will introduce aggressive reforms to globalize the quality of basic education in the Philippines.
“We always remind ourselves that our constitutional mandate to provide every Filipino not only access to education but to basic quality education. We have realized that we are facing the reality that we still have much to do in responding to the constitutional mandate as far as quality education is concerned,” Secretary Leonor Magtolis Briones explained.