School Information and Communication Technology – Alapan 1 Elementary School
The ICT in education facilitates the effective delivery of learning and other education-related services. Schools use a diverse set of ICT tools to communicate, create, disseminate, store, and manage information. The real answer to the question “What is ICT in Education?” is that ICT has also become integral to the teaching-learning interaction, through such approaches as replacing chalkboards with interactive digital whiteboards, using students’ own smartphones or other devices for learning during class time, and the “flipped classroom” model where students watch lectures at home on the computer and use classroom time for more interactive exercises.
When teachers are digitally literate and trained to use ICT, these approaches can lead to higher-order thinking skills, provide creative and individualized options for students to express their understandings, and leave students better prepared to deal with ongoing technological change in society and the workplace.
What is DepEd Computerization Program?
The DepEd Computerization Program (DCP) aims to provide public schools with appropriate technologies that would enhance the teaching-learning process and meet the challenges of the 21st century.
The following are the objectives of the DCP:
- Provide ICT packages to public schools that is responsive to the needs of the K-12 curriculum;
- Integrate ICT in the teaching and learning process;
- Raise the ICT literacy of learners, pupils, students, teachers and school heads;
- Improve computer-to-student ratio in the public schools, and
- Improve the replacement cycle of ICY packages.
The school must prepare the complete counterpart requirements as prescribed by DepEd Central Office:
- Multi-media Classroom
- Computer Tables
- Windows and Doors with grills
- Proper electrical wirings and outlets duly certified by the Municipal/City Electrician
- Provision of adequate security mechanisms
- School Inspectorate team was organized
- 50 pieces mono chairs
- At least 2 units of stand fan
- Sufficient electrical lighting