DepEd Order 48 s 2022 Health and Safety Protocols in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic
Bureau and Service Directors
Minister, Basic, Higher and Technical Education, BARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
- With the Office of the President’s recent issuance of Executive Order (EO) No. 07, s. 2022, re: Allowing the Voluntary Wearing of Face Masks in Indoor and Outdoor settings, Reiterating the Continued Implementation of Minimum Public Health Standards (MPHS) during the State of Public Health Emergency Relative to the Covid-19 Pandemic, there is a need for the Department of Education (DepEd) to amend and update its policies on the health and safety protocols in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic to guide the learners, and the teaching and non-teaching personnel. Accordingly, this Order is issued to amend DepEd Order No. 39, s. 2022, re: Health and Safety Protocols in tight of the COVID-19 Pandemic, and implement EO No. 07, s. 2022 in the Department.
- Section 18 of DepEd Order No. 39, s. 2022, re: Health and Safety Protocols in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic is hereby amended to conform to the provisions of EO No. 07, s. 2022, as follows:
“18. Voluntary Wearing of Face Masks In Indoor and Outdoor Spaces
The wearing of face masks in indoor and outdoor settings shall be voluntary except in the following settings:
- Health care facilities, including, but not limited to, clinics, hospitals, laboratories, nursing homes and dialysis clinics;
- Medical transport vehicles, such as ambulance and paramedic rescue vehicles; and
- Public transportation by land, air or sea.
Mask wearing is still encouraged for the:
- a. Elderly;
- b. Individuals with comorbidities;
- c. Immunocompromised individuals;
- d. Pregnant women;
- e. Unvaccinated individuals; and
- f. Symptomatic individuals.
- The provisions of all other departmental issuances that ar inconsistent with this Order are hereby repealed, modified, or amended a cordingly.
- For more information, please contact the following offices:
- a. On the MPHS and oth r related health protocols, guidance on COVID-19 vaccination and testing, as well as efforts to promote COVID-19 vaccination: Bureau of Learner Support Services-School Health Division, through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at telephone number (02) 8632-9935.
- On handling the attendance records of personnel affected by matters related to COVID-19: Bureau of Human Resource and Organizational Development, through email at email@example.com or at telephone number (02) 8633-7237.
- This Order shall take effect immediately upon its issuance and publication on the DepEd website and its registration with the Office of the National Administrative Register (ONAR) at the University of the Philippines Law Center (UP LC), UP Diliman, Quezon City.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Source: DepEd Order 48 s 2022, click here.)
DepEd Order 48 s 2022DO_s2022_048
Download DepEd Order 48 s 2022, click here.