DepEd Memorandum 8 s 2023 Multi-Year Guidelines on the Results-Based Performance Management System-Philippine Professional Standards for Teachers
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
- Consistent with DepEd Order (DO) No. 2, s. 2015 prescribing the Guidelines on the Establishment and Implementation of the Results-Based Performance Management System (RPMS) in the Department of Education (DepEd) and pursuant to Section 5 of DO 42, s. 2017 on the National Adoption and Implementation of the Philippine Professional Standards for Teachers (PPST), which mandates that all performance appraisals for teachers shall be based on this set of standards, this Department continues its commitment to integrating and embedding the PPST into the RPMS for teachers.
- Geared towards competency-based performance management, professional development, and career progression, the PPST-based RPMS for teachers shall utilize all the 37 indicators of the PPST and shall be distributed across three school years (SYs): SY 2022-2023, SY 2023-2024, and SY 2024-2025. This DepEd Memorandum titled Multi-Year Guidelines on the Results-Based Performance Management System Philippine Professional Standards for Teachers (RPMS-PPST) details the enclosed procedures and all other necessary information on the adoption and implementation of performance management and appraisal of teachers. The tools, forms, and protocols stipulated herein are developed and modified to ensure that the measures of teacher performance throughout the next three SYs are appropriate, adaptive, and relevant to capture teachers’ actual performance and are applicable to all contexts and scenarios faced by the schools adopting different learning modalities.
- This Memorandum shall cover all teachers in public elementary and secondary schools and community learning centers (CLCs), including those assigned to teach under the Alternative Learning System (ALS), Madrasah Education, Special Education (SPEd), and Special Science Education. It shall guide the Ratees, Raters, Approving Authorities, and other stakeholders in managing and evaluating teachers’ performance anchored on the PPST.
- Furthermore, the RPMS timeline for the next three SYs shall be aligned with the annual School Calendar and Activities issued by the Department.
- For more information, please contact the Bureau of Human Resource and Organizational Development, 4th Floor, Mabini Building, Department of Education Central Office, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City through email at email@example.com or at telephone number (02) 8470-6630.
- Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
See Multi-Year Guidelines on the Results-Based Performance Management System-Philippine Professional Standards for Teachers, click here.