DepEd Order 2 s 2015 – Alapan 1 Elementary School
Directors of Services, Centers, and Heads of Units Regional Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- This Department issues the enclosed Guidelines on the Establishment and Implementation of the Results-Based Performance Management System (RPMS) in the Department of Education (DepEd).
- It aims to provide comprehensive guidelines for the adoption of the Civil Service Commission’s (CSC) Strategic Performance Management System (SPMS) in DepEd.
- These guidelines stipulate the specific mechanisms, criteria, and processes for the performance target setting, monitoring, evaluation, and development planning for schools and offices, covering all officials and employees, school-based and non-school-based, in the Department holding regular plantilla positions. Personnel under contracts of service/job order and LGU-funded employees shall likewise be covered, but for purposes of performance evaluation only.
- All provisions of DepEd rules, regulations, and issuances that are inconsistent with these guidelines are hereby repealed or modified accordingly.
- This Order shall take effect immediately upon its issuance.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Source: DepEd Order 2 s 2015, Click here)
- The Civil Service Commission (CSC), through the issuance of Memorandum Circular (MC) No. 06, series of 2012, sets the guidelines for the establishment and implementation of the Strategic Performance Management System (SPMS) in all government agencies. The SPMS gives emphasis to the strategic alignment of the agency’s thrusts with the day-to-day operation of the units and individual personnel within the organization. It focuses on measures of performance vis-a-vis the targeted milestones and provides a credible and verifiable basis for assessing the organizational outcomes and the collective performance of the government employees.
- As a learner-centered institution, the Department of Education (DepEd) is committed to continuously improving itself to better serve the Filipino learners and the community. The adoption of the SPMS in DepEd strengthens the culture of performance and accountability in the agency, with the DepEd’s mandate, vision, and mission at its core.
- There is a need to concretize the linkage between the organizational thrusts and the performance management system. It is important to ensure organizational effectiveness and track individual improvement and efficiency by cascading the institutional accountabilities to the various levels, units and individual personnel, as anchored on the establishment of a rational and factual basis for performance targets and measures. Finally, it is necessary to link the SPMS with other systems relating to human resources and to ensure adherence to the principle of performance-based tenure and incentives.
- In view of the above, this Order aims to adopt the SPMS as the Results-based Performance Management System (RPMS).