DepEd Memo 83 s 2022 ALLOCATION OF POLICY SUPPORT FUND FOR THE ADOPTION AND IMPLEMENTATION OF BASIC EDUCATION MONITORING AND EVALUATION FRAMEWORK
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd) aims to institutionalize a results-based management system as a way to strengthen its internal systems and processes to improve the access to, and quality of, basic education in the country. Anchored on the DepEd vision and mission and the Basic Education Development Plan (BEDP) 2030, the Department issued the Basic Education Monitoring and Evaluation Framework (BEMEF) through DepEd Order (DO) No. 029, s. 2022 to guide the conduct of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of the Department’s organizational performance across governance levels.
- The BEMEF provides the DepEd organizational and learner outcomes. Specifically, the framework aims to: (a) ensure that the agency’s plans, policies, systems and processes are geared towards the achievement of organizational and learner outcomes; (b) set the performance measures for the agency where all operating units are expected to contribute; (c) guide DepEd bureaus, services, regional offices (ROs) and schools division offices (SDOs), schools, and learning centers in developing their respective M&E plan; and (d) define the roles and responsibilities of DepEd operating units in the M&E system and processes. BEMEF further supports the institutionalization of a results-based M&E system which will provide DepEd with informed and evidence-based decision-making and policy development process, as well as improved allocation and management of government resources, for improved transparency and accountability, in the basic education sector.
- As part of DepEd policy development process and to better understand the details and provisions of the BEMEF, a policy rollout with DepEd offices across the governance levels shall be conducted, led by the Planning Service-Policy Research and Development Division (PS-PRDD) as the process owner.
- The policy roll-out aims to orient the functional divisions of the ROs and SDOs on the provisions reflected in the BEMEF guidelines. It also aims to firm-up and/or develop the RO and SDO implementation and M&E plans of the BEMEF policy.
- To support the policy roll-out, funds shall be provided per region amounting to Three Hundred Thousand Pesos (P300,000), except for the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM), chargeable against Policy and Research Program (PRP) FY 2022 Current Appropriations. The funds shall be used for the planning and preparation, consultations, and orientation with the functional divisions of the ROs and SDOs relative to DO 029, s. 2022.
- To better facilitate the monitoring, activities relative to the BEMEF policy roll out shall be reflected in the Work and Financial Plan (WFP) and shall be uploaded in the Program Management Information System (PMIS).
- This Memorandum shall be implemented and led by the Quality Assurance Division (QAD), as the oversight office of BEMEF policy in the region. Relative to this, they shall submit their vetted BEMEF implementation and M&E plans to the PS-PRDD for reference and alignment of BEMEF-related initiatives and activities.
- The PS-PRDD shall continuously provide technical support/assistance to the implementation of this Memorandum.
- For further concerns, please contact the Planning Service-Policy Research and Development Division, Department of Education Central Office through email at email@example.com or telephone number (02) 8635-3976.
- Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.