DepEd Order 38 s 2022 SUPPLEMENTAL GUIDELINES NO. 2 TO DEPED ORDER NO. 031, s. 2021 (Operational Guideline on the Implementation of the School-Based Feeding Program)
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd), through the Bureau of Learner Support Services-School Health Division (BLS-HD) issues these Supplemental Guidelines No. 2 on the Implementation of the School-Based Feeding Program (SBFP) using Fiscal Year (FY) 2022 Funds to clarify the implementation period for the Nutritious Food Products (NFP) and milk, and define the procedure on the milk supply mapping process in compliance with Republic Act No. 11037 or the Masustansyang Pagkain Para sa Batang Pilipino Act for the current implementation and succeeding years. For FY 2022 funds, the status of implementation as of June 30, 2022, for NFP is at 28.59% accomplish d, 33.57% with on-going feeding, and 37.84% or about 1.3 million learners are still to be fed; while for the milk component, 17.49% accomplished, 16.55% with on going feeding, and 65.96% or about 2.09 million are still to be fed. Thus, the implementation for FY 2022 funds shall be extended.
- Th implementation period for FY 2022 funds is recommended from April to July 2022. However, for school division offices (SDOs) having issues and concerns with the program, the period of implementation for both NFP and milk shall be extended from September to November 2022, while payment and liquidation will be until December 2022.
- For SY 2021-2022 using FY 2022 and succeeding years’ funds, the following suppl mental guidelines shall be followed:
Section VI. Food Commodities
i. Regular Component
(1) SDOs may conduct procurement of NFP using the technical specifications in DepEd Order (DO) No. 031, s. 2021 and create/dev lop/localize their own technical specifications provided that it is in compliance with DOs 13, s. 2017; 031, s. 2021; and 010, s. 2022. SDOs may give specific quantities presented in the range in DO 031, s. 2022 and this DO provided that they will NOT go below the quantities specified in the technical specifications. (For example, in Annex 3 of DO 031, s. 2021, E-Nutribun is recommended to weigh 120-160 grams per pack or 60-80 grams x 2 pcs. The SDOs may recommend procurement of E-Nutribun weighing 130-140 grams per pc. or 65-70 grams x 2 pcs).
ii. On Milk Component
(1) SDOs shall conduct as conduct supply mapping activity among the local dairy producers under the NDA/PCC network to establish the possible volume of milk which can be supplied to the SDO within the implementation arrangement specified by DepEd.
(2) If after the milk supply mapping, and the SDO still has no commitment or insufficiently supplied by local dairy producer, the SDO may proceed to procure powdered/sterilized/ready to-drink milk from commercial source subject to the following prerequisites:
- a. Certification by NOA and/ or PCC that it is unable to provide the milk requirements of the DO concern. If NDA/PCC fails to provide a Certificate of Commitment within one w ek after the Mille Supply Mapping Activity, DepEd Regional Offices are authorized to issue a certification that the SDO has no supply from NDA/PCC so that they can proceed with the procurement of milk.
- b. Justification by the SDO that it is no longer practicable to source the milk supply from local dairy producer de pit best efforts and utmost prudence.
- The Milk Supply Mapping Flow Chart is provided in the enclosure.
- All other provisions in the existing guidelines on DO 031, s. 2021 (Operational Guidelines on the Implementation of the School-Bas d Feeding Program) shall r main in force, unless sooner pealed, amended, or rescinded.
- Regional directors, schools’ division superintendents, and school heads are enjoined to extend full administrative support to the implementation of the SBFP and the e supplemental guidelines.
- This Order shall take effect immediately upon its publication in the DepEd website. Certified copies shall be registered at the University of the Philippines Law Center-Office of the National Administrative Register (UPLC-ONAR), UP Diliman, Quezon City.
- For more information, please contact the Bureau of Learner Support Services School Health Division, 3rd Floor, Mabini Building, Department of Education Central Office, D pEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City through email at email@example.com or at firstname.lastname@example.org or at telephone number (02) 8632-9935.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.