Criteria for Teacher Reclassification of DepEd– Alapan 1 Elementary School
Are you planning to be promoted in your teaching career? The Department of Education is eager to improve professionalism within the public education sector. Last June 2022, President Rodrigo Roa Duterte signed Executive Order (EO) 174 also known as “ESTABLISHING THE EXPANDED CAREER PROGRESSION SYSTEM FOR PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHERS” that promotes professional development and career advancement among public school teachers by creating new position titles with corresponding salary grades.
Implementing Rules and Regulations. Within ninety (90) days from the effectivity of this Order, the CSC, DBM, DepEd, and PRC shall jointly formulate and issue the rules and regulations necessary for the effective implementation of this Order.
The reasons behind the New DepEd’s Promotion Policy:
- Each teacher must improve their qualifications in order to be promoted.
- There are no more Headmasters and they will be reclassified as Teachers 5, 6, and 7.
- Assistant directors will remain.
- If the main teacher is vacant, it will revert to teacher 1 (no more natural vacancies)
New Criteria for Teacher Reclassification of DepEd
•Education – Higher Education Units/degrees that exceed the QS shall be given corresponding points of 10 pts
•NEAP Accredited Training – NEAP professional development (PD) credit units-10 pts
•Experience -Months/years of experience that exceeds the QS shall be given-10 pts
•Performance Points (final IPCRF rating/5) x 30 – 30 pts
•Assessment – Measured through Classroom Observation – 25 pts
•Assessment Measured through Portfolio Assessment -15 pts
Important Reminders in New Teacher Reclassification Policy
- Starting next academic year (SY) 2022-2023, certificates for promotional purposes must include the National Academy of Educators of the Philippines (NEAP) and/or Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) Continuing Professional Development (CPD) recognition number, etc.
- Promotions also require professional development plans (PDPs), where participants don’t just get a certificate but have to come up with something as an outcome (re: embedded learning). Output, therefore, must be properly documented.
- CPD essentially ensures that you continue to be knowledgeable and competent in your profession and provides you with the essential skills that can help you progress in your your career. It’s not just a one-stop shop either – it continues and evolves throughout your career,” the source said.